Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vintage Valentines Soiree


Gifts from the Heart~                                      

Valentines Day 2011 could not have been any more adorable with this vintage inspired Valentines Day Party that I co~hosted and contributed to with  my dear friend Tiffany at Become ShopertunisticWith every creative play date or party I plan; I look around my world for creative inspiration and this Valentines Day was definitely inspired by the use of damask.  My first project for the party is putting together the party favors for my moms group.  I collected baby food jars and used extra fabric left over from previous crafts to decorate these heart~felt goodies.  I wanted to thank Living Locurto for her free Valentines Damask Printables. Materials used to create this entire craft were : *30 babyfood * 2 inch strips of fabric and scrapbook paper glued secured with hot glue* 30 cupcake printables that were cut to fit my lids just using basic computer paper and Elmer's glue.* 30 pieces of quarter inch fabric tied into a bow around the top of each lid.

Damask Valentine Photo Frame~


Once again I used the left over damask for this photo perfect frame for our play date Valentines Party with my moms group, South Sound Modern Mamas.  I wanted to create a prop for families to capture this special day at the park together.  I have a lot of photographer friends that were using a variation of hearts in their photographs and was inspired to make mine into a photo frame.  The best part of this project was getting to see all the adorable kiddos take pictures with the frame.  This was the most inexpensive item I made for the party and the most beloved.  The materials I used were as follows. * First I cut out a heart shape from cardboard then used it as a pattern to cut an additional shape.* Secondly I cut an additional heart shape to create a photo frame and used it again as a template to my additional heart shape. * I then glued the two heart shapes together using a hot glue gun.* Lastly I used four inch strips of damask fabric that I had left over from various other projects this Valentine Season and hot glued them around my heart shape to make the frame. On a side note this frame could be used again for weddings and other special occasions since love is a seasonal theme :)


Heart Hunt~



Heart Hunt

Bringing the unexpected, whimsy to any play date can be captured with a scavenger hunt even in the rain :) I found these plastic hearts in the dollar section at my local target and was inspired to use them as a "Heart Hunt" for our Valentines Party! I simply used a black sharpie to transform these simple hearts into couture conversation hearts and filled them with Valentine Kisses.  I then used simple brown lunch bags and transformed them into decorative bags.

Couture Heart Hunt Bags

Paper Heart and Damask Heart Clothes Line Decoration

Free Valentines Printable in Clear Photo Frame







No comments:

Post a Comment